I am and always will be a daddy's girl. Not that my mom isn't great, because trust me.. she's amazing.
My poor dad has three daughters and no sons. I like to think of myself as the son he never had.. just a very girlie version. I love sports (football and basketball in particular), love using power tools (though this makes me more like my mom, but my dad too), I belch, and I like to make weird jokes with him to make my mom and sisters squirm (I also tell jokes that make him squirm too.. man I'm a brat!).
For Father's Day, my oldest sister and I painted my parents soon to be room at my grandma's house (they are moving in with her this weekend). It's the first time I have actually painted a room and I don't think I did half bad. We also did as the prep work including filling in the lines in the wood paneling (my job) and filling in the damage my grandpa's wheelchair had caused (Sherilyn's job). I personally had a blast!
Before: This panelling is from the 60s or 70s I believe.
After: Don't worry, the green shag carpet is coming up and hopefully we'll be able to expose the hardwood floors.
We also put together some bunk beds for my nephews' and nieces' room at the "new" house as they come and visit my parents often. We tried to make it a family affair but as it turns out, it takes 4 McNeils to mess up a bunk bed but only 2 to make it perfect! It was a good time none the less (I got to use the aforementioned power tools).
Happy Father's Day, Dad! Glad we could give you a day off!
1 comment:
How nice that he has you!! You are a super handy girly version of a boy!
Post a Comment