Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I Think He Deserves 35 More!"

On Sunday my parents will be married for 35 years! Crazy, right? So in honor of that, I thought I'd share some pictures from their wedding as well as some of my favorite stories!



(My dad is sure did dressed spiffy back then)


*My parents met at a young single adults activity. My mom and her friend called my dad "Meanie" instead of Mike. I think he won her over a little by giving his jacket to her when she got cold.


*One thing that caught my dad's eye was my mom's long hair. Little did he know, it was a "fall" (some sort of hair piece). So he went to pick her up for the first date and felt jipped because her hair wasn't actually long.


*When my dad proposed to my mom, they were sitting in his driveway and a couple of his siblings (My uncle Doug and aunt JoAnn) came out and starting saying "Did she say yes?" . My mom had no idea what was going on so my dad pulled out the ring from the glove compartment and just handed it to her.


*A few years ago I went to my parents house after their anniversary and saw the card my mom had given my dad. Right next to it was an envelope with some writing on it. My dad had taken the envelope from the card my mom gave him, wrote how much he loved her and gave it to her as her card!


*I was teasing my mom tonight about them being married for 35 years. Her reply, "After yesterday, I think he deserves 35 more! He's the only one that can calm me down!"


Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Great stories! Congratulations to them!

Natalie said...

I love this!! How great that they want to be married for 35 more!