Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why Get Married?

Sometimes I wonder why I have a blog. I don't have a cute family to tell fun stories about. And I certainly don't live an exciting life. My friend, Maegan once joked that I should come up with a fake family to blog about (a la Seriously So Blessed). Well, I am not that creative so that was out of the picture.


After seeing a link on another friend's blog titled "How to Determine if Your Date is an Axe Murderer" it got me thinking about all my past dates. I've had some interesting ones to say the least. A few good ones.. mostly bad ones though. I think that bad dates are a right of passage to adulthood. You're not an adult until you have to fake an emergency to get out of a bad date.


Recently the question has come to me as to why anyone would want to get married. Life is full of ups and downs.. why would you get married and add more ups and downs? My original answer sufficed for the moment and added a comical edge to the conversation. (Apparently it's funny that some people get married just so they can have.. relations.) My new answer to this question? When you get married, it means no more dates with possible axe murderers.

3 comments:

O'Keefe Family said...

Oh Jana, I think people get married because misery loves company :) You always have someone there to take your frustrations out on! Just kidding, of course ;)

ashley said...

haha you said "relations"! i love you jana and miss you girls terribly!

Natalie said...

Haha EXACTLY!