Sunday, April 12, 2009

THANK YOU SALT LAKE CITY!

Last night I was a rock star. Picture it.. SLC, UT. 2009 (oh how I long to be Sophia from Golden Girls). Being on stage (Suzanne's living room) with your best friends. Looking out to a packed crowd (the t.v.). Hearing your fans (the ones you earn after each gig) singing along to your hit tunes (that you downloaded from the Internet). Having mad drum skills that would put Travis Barker (more like Bob Barker) to shame. That's the life!

I woke up today being an average Joe. No more fans.. no more fun (for now). But last night did get me thinking. In these tough economical times (I hate hearing that phrase) I need to have a back up plan. It's looking like rock star is most likely not gonna happen so I've decided to work on other opportunities.

For starters, we made some AWESOME doughnuts last night (a little pre-rock show snack). We even have a secret ingredient so that we will be different than all the other doughnut shops. Everyone will always need a little comfort food, right?

If our doughnuts don't work out, there's always cupcakes. Again, everyone needs comfort food! And they will be VERY cute (now taking orders... operators are standing by)! See the ones that I decorated for Easter..


I take excellent photos. Take this one for instance....


Notice how I use the light to show what it would look like in a pocket? (Sessions still available. No sitting fee.)


Even if people are jobless, they still need style! I can cut hair for a living. I mean, what elderly person doesn't want a Mohawk?

If all else fails, I can always beg on the street!


6 comments:

Natalie said...

Jana - this is great writing - so funny!!

JoAnna said...

hilarious! Put me in for an order of doughnuts, cupcakes, a photo seesion, and a haircut. well, maybe not the haircut. But the rest, for sure!

Kara said...

LMBO!! Jana, there are NO words!

Kathi said...

You are one resourceful chick!!
Wait, did you say somebody was whistling?

Nicole said...

hehehehe.. I love this!

Emily Pearl Drew said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're my hero!! :D