Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Blogger's Block"

I've had what seems like so much going on the last week or so, but I haven't really been inspired to write about it. I'm still not fully, but I'm trying.


Last Tuesday I had to make the tough decision to put my dog, Trigger, to sleep. He was really sick all weekend and we knew he wasn't going to get any better. It was better to stop his suffering. I got Trigger the summer after 7th grade for getting good grades all year. He was very lively and rambunctious. And if you ask some, he was also mean (he's a terrier, what do you expect?!). I loved his spirit and I'm going to miss him dearly.




This week I also got to go to St. George with Kara and Suzanne (2 of my best friends). I had never been to St. George and I got to say, I was missing out. We had to do inventory at the store down there on Wednesday night, but we got to play Thursday and most of Friday. Here's a list of my favorite things we did:


*Taking pictures of the scenery (I was a good lil tourist) and then switching into our jeans on the side of the road. No one was around.. don't worry, Mom!


*Talking at breakfast about the economy and trying to sound smart. Trying is the key word.


*Driving around the city looking at the houses and businesses. It may sound lame to some, but I thought it was so much fun.


*Going to the St. George Temple and taking pictures (both at day and at night). Man is it beautiful.


*And hanging out with Suzanne's family that was down there the same time we were.


It was a lot of fun. Thanks you guys for coming!! It wouldn't have been nearly as fun without you!




7 comments:

JoAnna said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy the yumminess that is St. George!

Jalaine Lassek said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog!!! That is so sad. He'll miss you too :)

And you have never been to St. George! What? Oh man I love it there! Have you been to Vegas? That's your next stop, you'll have a blast!!!

Kara said...

I agree with for everything you said. My favorite was going to Garden Eat'n and Suz with her "Follow my lead!"

Natalie said...

That is a gorgeous picture of the St. George temple. I am so sorry about your dog. I know that leaves a big hole in your heart. (()) (Hugs- I'm not a huggy person but the sentiment is there.) Your trip sounds like fun. I too am uninspired to blog at this time!

Suz said...

Hey, I wouldn't have ever know you were making all that crap up about the economy if you hadn't told me. You forgot to mention Kara's explanation about determining Sea Level.

Nathan And Tara Gardner said...

Hey this is Tara from work. Cute blog! I'm sorry about your dog :( I love visiting St. George!

Kristin said...

I loved St. George the one time I went. We went to Zions and that was really fun. You should go the next time you visit St. George.