Thursday, August 6, 2009

Facebook Frustrations

I just want to share a few habits that have been bugging me on Facebook. Nothing major, just thought I'd throw them out there!

1. Do not post DAILY how you need a WOMAN (or MAN), not a girl (or boy). I personally find it to be a major turn off. It also makes me wonder what is wrong with you, not the girl (or boy) that you may be dating!

2. Do not count down to your birthday. If you are excited about your plans for your birthday, I think that's great and I would love to hear about them. But if you are starting a month and a half before your birthday and update it almost daily, I do not want to be your friend. I just want to punch you in the nose.

3. Along with this, do not count down the days until you are married... Example: "Jane Doe will be Mrs. Bob Johnson in 7 days!!" Then 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and finally counting down the hours! I'm so glad you are excited to be married! I think that is fantastic. I do not need a daily/ hourly reminder! (I do enjoy a good divorce count down though!)

4. I know that right now there are a lot of images that are on there that you can tag your friends by what they are to you (like the friend that you've known the longest....) but that doesn't mean you have to participate in it! It's not fun to be tagged in a "picture" that you aren't actually in.

5. If you know your co-workers are on the site, don't put stuff on there about playing hookie from work. Whether they are your friend or not, it's very easy for them to find it.

I hope none of you are sitting here reading this thinking "Crap, she's talking about me!" I'm pretty sure all guilty parties don't read my blog. And well, if you're reading this and you do any or all of these things... knock it off!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You crack me up. Those would all bother me if I looked at Facebook more than every once in a while.

Natalie said...

LOL about the divorce countdown. This is all a part of why I tend to avoid that strange place.

OK - I loooove your blog background!!!!!!!!

O'Keefe Family said...

Funny, Jana, I've been stewing about doing a blog post about what bugs me about facebook too! You might see mine soon if I ever get around to it :)