Thursday, August 27, 2009

This Must Be... POP!

When I was in high school I was OBSESSED with *N'sync! Obsessed probably isn't a strong enough word! I had several CDs (including many imports…), 1000s of pictures (I counted), videos of TV appearances. I knew every word to every song and could dance along to most dances. Yes, I was that person! I loved Justin Timberlake and he knew it (OK, not really. I didn't write them letters or anything like that. I didn't want to be THAT girl)!


As I grew up, I grew out of my obsession. Justin got replaced by new celebrities. Pop music wasn't as appealing as rock, punk and alternative. I got rid of all pictures (minus the ones from their concerts) and video tapes. I still have all of the CDs and have uploaded some songs onto my iPod. When I'm feeling adventurous, I take a walk down memory lane and listen to their music. These are the times that I can't help but think why in the world did grown men sing about this crap?! Some of their songs are actually still good; others not so much! What respectable white guy sings "It doesn't matter 'bout the car I drive or the ice around my neck..." ("Pop")? Who would ask a girl "If I couldn’t have cheese like everyday, would you still wanna be with me?" ("Celebrity")? I just don't get it anymore!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow cheese every day?? But hey - we all got have an obsession at some point don't we?

Kristin said...

I loved them too! I thought I was going to marry Lance!! Something tells me he wouldn't be interested in what I have to offer!

O'Keefe Family said...

I have a confession, I still think Justin is a hottie! In fact, I didn't used to until he came out with his first solo album, I think he's cuter now then when he was in NSync :)