I'm going through my normal ritual of looking up everyone's blogs and catching up on their lives. In the background I have my iPod playing and I realize in these moments how much I truly LOVE music! I come from a very musically gifted family. For instance, my mom is an amazing piano player. There would be many times that she'd be sitting at our piano playing a song, sometimes singing along, or my sisters and/ or I would stop to join in. We always had music in our home. The power of music is amazing to me. For good and for evil. Music can describe any emotion, feeling, thought imaginable. Even without lyrics you can feel what the composer was feeling in the moments they wrote it. It can lift your spirits, comfort you in times of sadness, and even help you celebrate. I wish I had the talent to be so genius as to write/ compose music. I guess it's best to leave it up to the professionals! Let them share their souls and I'll just share in their journey! Sunday, October 19, 2008
Tra-la-la
I'm going through my normal ritual of looking up everyone's blogs and catching up on their lives. In the background I have my iPod playing and I realize in these moments how much I truly LOVE music! I come from a very musically gifted family. For instance, my mom is an amazing piano player. There would be many times that she'd be sitting at our piano playing a song, sometimes singing along, or my sisters and/ or I would stop to join in. We always had music in our home. The power of music is amazing to me. For good and for evil. Music can describe any emotion, feeling, thought imaginable. Even without lyrics you can feel what the composer was feeling in the moments they wrote it. It can lift your spirits, comfort you in times of sadness, and even help you celebrate. I wish I had the talent to be so genius as to write/ compose music. I guess it's best to leave it up to the professionals! Let them share their souls and I'll just share in their journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I so totally agree. I even enjoy mowing the lawn and I think it's really because I get to be outside listening to my ipod. I can sit and play the piano for hours. Music can be so soothing. It can totally affect your mood. And can I just ask... Is music not always better coming through earphones?? It is for me!
Music IS a power! It is amazing the effect it can have on a mood or a spirit in a place.
Post a Comment