Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin


So far in my young life I have had the opportunity to shake the hand of only one apostle. It happened when Elder Wirthlin came and spoke in our Stake Conference when I was still in Young Women's. I did not know much about him (and still don't really), but I quite enjoyed his talk and grew to love him through the following years (I love all the apostles, but I do have my favorites)!

I'm sure most have heard that last night, at the age of 91, he passed away in his home. I am so grateful for his legacy of humility and kindness! And for his labor in the Church. This is a link to an article in The Salt Lake Tribune that I found about his life and his service!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

How awesome that you got to shake his hands. He was truly a beautiful man!! I'm so sad to see him go but I bet he's got one of the nicest mansions up there!

Kara said...

That was very well written, thanks for sharing that!