Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Four

As I posted before, my grandpa passed away this last May. The following picture is a one of his headstone. It's finally been placed and my mom and myself went up to see it one afternoon recently.




He was the first close relative that I have lost in my adult life {my uncle passed away when I was 3 so I don't really remember that loss}. I miss him daily. Sometimes while at my family's house, I still expect him to come down the hall.

I think of him every time I watch Matlock or Golden Girls. And every time we have dessert. I get a smile on my face when I see his "Sheriff" hat and suspenders hanging in my closet. Or think of his face on Christmas morning. I can still see his face light up with a goofy smile when doing my crazy "shenanigans". And the tears in his eyes whenever my grandma was hurt.

3 comments:

O'Keefe Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is really hard to deal with. My grandma passed away in January and sometimes I still think I see her out of the corner of my eye in the mall, and for just a second forget she's gone. Isn't it comforting to know you'll see him again some day? I don't think I'd make it as an Atheist!

Natalie said...

This is a sweet post. I think it is so wonderful that you loved him so much that you miss him that much. He sounds wonderful and it is so sweet that he got tears in his eyes when your grandma got hurt.

Kara said...

Dude! Stop making me cry!