Thursday, November 26, 2009

Twenty- Six

One of my old managers would always say how she doesn't like Valentine's Day because you should be telling the ones you love how much you love them all of the time {in action and deed}, not just one day a year. I feel that way sometimes about Thanksgiving. Everyone expresses how grateful they are for one another and all that they have, but some fall short of doing these things on a daily basis. I am one of these people. It's not that I am not grateful. It's that I don't make it enough of a priority in my daily habits. One of my friends posted this quote on Facebook that I really liked.

“To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant. To enact gratitude is generous and noble. But to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.”


I am blessed so with so many fantastic things in my life. Here are just a few that I am grateful for....

... A wonderful family that supports me in EVERYTHING that I do! You guys are fantastic and I couldn't ask for a better bunch of crazies to call my own!

... Great friends that are hilarious, charming, sassy and fantastic! You guys are what keeps me going when I think I have nothing left!

... Amazing people I work with that make me love my job as much as I do! Thanks for making it so fun to come to work each day!

... My faith {and religion}. I often think about what my life would look like without it and it is quite scary. How comforting to have that stability through difficult times.

... The many freedoms that we have as a nation that I definitely take for granted!

... Each of you! Happy Thanksgiving you guys! I hope it was fabulous!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

WONDERFUL things to be grateful for! You are hilarious, charming, sassy and fantastic yourself. :)

Sherilyn said...

at least the crazy honestly!!!!