Sunday, November 2, 2008

Politics in Elementary School

Russell, Kameron, and Emily got to come spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house last night. When Allyson (my sister/their mom) came to pick them up today, the topic of politics came up. My mom and Ally were talking about voting and what not and apparently the elementary school that Russell and Kameron go to had an election of their own. Each student got to vote for the candidate of their choice (between McCain & Obama). Kameron proclaimed "I voted for the old guy!". And Russell returns with "I voted for John McCain because he's going to lower taxes." Since when does a 7 year old care about taxes? Does he even know what taxes are?

2 comments:

Kara said...

I LOVE Kam's response!! And seriously love Rusty with his taxes comment!

Suz said...

Knowing Russell he probably does know what taxes are :-)